Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Climbing back up from the meltdown...

I recently have become aware of how much I overestimated myself, of the fact that I'm not nearly as strong as I had previously thought. I thought that leaving was going to be fairly easy, that I was going to handle it well, and throughout most of Summer I did. Or i suppose I just didn't think about it so it wasn't real. It hit me though, and when it did it hit hard. I stopped talking to people, stopped answering my phone and spent a mass majority of my time either crying or sleeping. I am however at the tail end of that and find it hard to cry these days. I think perhaps I cried so much that I'm just numb to it anymore, which maybe is a good thing. I've heard from my host family now, and am pretty much packed and ready to go, and I think I'm dealing, or at least handling leaving. It is going to be so good for me, and I am going to grow and learn and experience so much. Despite the fact that I'm going into something entirely unknown, I think I'm ready. Ready as I'll ever be.

No comments: