Monday, September 3, 2007

Host MOM

My host mom is putting Eva down for her daily nap, and so I have a few moments to spare where I won't be wasting life on a computer when I should be living it up in the Czech.

So I was terrified to meet my host mom, they kept telling us before we left that our host mom's either make or break our trips and I sure didn't want mine broken.

I woke up this morning, oblivious to the time, which I seem to be constantly here as there is no clock in my bedroom, but I'll fix that soon enough. Anyways I walked down stairs, my stomach at the bottom of my toes, and all these insecure thoughts running through my head. I walked down the windy princess steps and saw the backside of a women on the telephone speaking Czech at a rather rapid pace. The moment she saw me she said Chow on the phone ( which is goodbye) and made her way over to introduce herself.

Her English is not perfect my any means but the two of us muster by, with what she says, and what I gather she is trying to say it works out rather nicely. She is a very nice women and has made me feel very at home. I think I will do just great in this family. Although I have yet to meet host dad, but I can't imagine Marketa is married to some mean man, she wouldn't be as sweet as she is. I believe that my host mom is a giver. So although I don't have my mom here with me-the giving women that she is, I have found my way into the care of a giving women, and for now- at this point in my life- that is going to have to be good enough. It is good enough.

It is very interesting all the weird things I keep noticing and experiencing. For example, my host mom grabbed a book all about South Bohemia, which is where I live, and I was flipping through and kept having these pangs of excitement and wonder as I flipped through all the pages. Now, I had looked at pictures and books before I left to come here, but there is something different about looking at pictures and being told that, that amazing castle you are staring at on that page is only 15 km down the road. It all is so very unreal to me, that this is my life, I feel like I'm living someone else's life, and in a sense i guess that I am, I am living their daughters life, but as myself, I am still Tahani. Tahani is living this, and when all is said and done, depsite how much I experience or learn or change I will still in the end be Tahani.

So meeting the host mom went well, so very well, and now the only part of this immediate family left for me to meet is my host dad. Wish me Luck!

Mom- I love you. miss you. Just me and you.

Zane- they have a dog, you would love it. I miss and love you.

No comments: