Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Working Hard.....or Hardly Working?

I do believe I am working rather hard to get a grasp on this language, although at times it can be rather frusturating and discouraging. I don't recall Arabic being this hard to learn, and well at least Czech uses the same alphabet for the most part, but ITS HARD, really really hard, which makes me that much more determined to learn it.

Because I figure if I learned Arabic, I can learn this. It will just take time, as all good things do. Anyways apparently once you speak Czech it is really easy to pick up Polish and Russian, and Slovak, so you know I may just be able to speak like six languages by the end of my life, which I think would be quite the accomplishment.

As soon as I get back to my town Iam signing up for belly dancing lessons, hahaha funny right? Yeah well, when in Czech.....and so I am doing it, because what have I got to lose? Nothing, nothing at all. It is super cheap here- like $12 dollars a month for a class once a week for an hour. So I'm finally going to learn how to shake it like an Arab, I mean it's about time! haha, I crack myself up. But really, I'm looking forward to it. I would also like to take one of the traditional Czech dance classes, but I need to find a male partner first, which apparently isn't hard because a lot of guys dance here, which is a rather appealing trait if you ask me.

It is rather interesting the changes you watch yourself go through, and while I've been here there are several things about myself, about life that I have stepped back and revaluated, reconsidred, changed my mind about. And it is all very interesting how the impact of such small insignificant things can make such a large impact. How certain things that used to be important to you, suddenly lose their worth, their appeal, and you wonder what you were thinking when you decided to buy into that thought, into that way of life.

I do so much thinking here that sometimes I feel like I have constant commentary in my head, which sort of threw me off for awhile and I thought perhaps I was truly losing my mind, especially when I would be trying to fall asleep and I was running through all these thoughts- and there was no off button. But thankfully it's resided quite a bit, or I just don't notice it as much and I fall asleep with ease these days.

I miss my host family, which probably sounds strange, but it's true. I only had a week with them before I landed myself here at language camp, and I really enjoyed my week, and I learned so much about so many different things, and I want to go back and find out what else they have to teach me, which is probably more than I know.

I am really excited however, because at some point I get to travel to Germany with my host dad to go see how the bells are made( I wrote in a previous blog all about my Bell experience) anyways the making of the bells is apparently a rather big deal- and I think it will be really interesting to watch the process, so that's something else I'm looking forward to.

I bought my first ring here, which I was rather excited about, because it just so happened that I bought it on the 16th of September, and if you know me- then you would know why that would sort of be a big deal. The best part is that I didn't realize it was September 16th until after I had bought it....just one of those life things you know.

Okay I'm off to go talk to a boys economics class in English---it's our trade off for computer time, so I'm off to converse with Czech people.

Hope all is well in your current global postition in the world
and that you are LIVING life- and not letting it pass you by

Hey MOM,
JYAMM---- Always, and don't ever forget it!

2 comments:

asbrahim said...

hey, send me your address so I can send you things:P

asbrahim said...

I so did not mean to leave you that smiley... I'm not asian and I don't know why I thought I was...