Thursday, September 27, 2007

Life....and the funny way it works





* my friends. and the boy- or I guess man. 26 makes you a man, right?


So it is midnight. right now, and I made it home before curfew. SCORE!!!



My day started very early at 4:30, once again. I really don't know what the deal is with me but the last three mornings I've popped up super early and haven't been able to get back to sleep.



Today- was a good day. I basically haven't stopped going since I got up this morning, and I still have quite a few things to do before I go to bed- but anyways lets talk about my day, because it was great.



I found myself in Art History at 7 a.m.- and sat and tried to comprehend as much as possible which was very little--and then I went to the rest of my classes and before I knew it, it was 12:35 and I was done for the day.



So then I met Katka and Lucy and Camilla outside at 1 and we went to this pub/ cafe called the blue door ( modra...something in czech) and then we went and climbed the black tower in the town square, and yes I felt each and everyone of those 225 steps.



and then after that we went to this Cafe and had these waffle things that were less than two dollars and were quite possibly the most amazing thing I have yet to eat in this country. mmm...they were good.



And then we are sitting there in this cafe, and Katka says they have something for me. Mind you I met these girls Tuesday, and it is now Thursday. And they found out that Sunday had been my birthday because one of the girls in our class told them, so they had bought me a gift. First, an orange mug- because in class you take your own mug in and then you can make coffee or tea- whatever you want- and they saw I didn't have one yet. Also, the orange wasn't by mistake they saw that I wore it a lot and so that's why they bought the orange one. They also bought me brown jewlery because they noticed I wear brown a lot, and that I always have jewlery on. I really didn't know what to say to them. The fact that they had taken the time and effort to observe and then prepare a gift for me in two days- well the people here just continue to surprise me---they really do----just wait the surprises get better---keep reading.



So then I get home at like 5 and I have to leave the house at 7 to go meet my other friends. So I hop in the shower, get ready, and by the time I make it downstairs it's like 6:30, so I dawdle for awhile and then I headed out.



Now before I left the house my host mom told me no drinking, although she had said differently when I had first arrived. But since this was my first night out- and I didn't want to screw things up for myself I obliged.



So we sat in Slovia ( its where all the teenagers hang out- its this park thing outside) and they all drank, and drank, and kept offering me drinks, and I kept rejecting, but in the midst of all of this I was learning new Czech words, and teaching them new English one's. So it was a win- win situation.



Then we make our way to the pub where the concert is going to be- and we all sit around and visit- and I continue to learn Czech, and Katka( not the one I usually mention) was wasted and hysterical because usually she usually is pretty quiet- so we had some good conversations with her broken English and my broken Czech- I'm sure it was rather comical.



Now then the concert was supposed to start at 9, but this is the Czech so ofcourse it didn't. Anyways so the area we were sitting in was sort of by the bathrooms and this really attractive Czech Man- and yes I say man, because he was probably like 24 like the rest of my friends boyfriends keeps going to the bathroom. So at one point he is coming home and Katka( the blonde sober one) snaps a picture of him, well ofcourse the smart man takes the opportunity to start a conversation- and so we start talking with him- and he is like talking to me in Czech and I get in way over my head because I understand nothing that is coming out of his mouth, and my friends chime in and say that I'm American and blah blah blah. So then we start talking in a mix of Czech and English, and he proceeds to sit himself down my me, and the sober blond Katka decides to pick up our cameras and starts taking pictures of the two of us, SO YES I have a picture with him, but until I figure out how to get it on here you are just going to have to wait. So we talked for quite sometime and it turns out he is moving to Prague in a week-then the concert started------and lets just get to the point-----I left the pub with the Czech Man's phone number. Anyways he is moving, but it turns out he was 26. And well nine years might be a bit of a stretch- even for me, haha.

but in the grand scheme of things age, to je jedno ( it doesn't matter)

so then it was kinda funny we were having a discussion about how to say things and I was like okay so you would say I am cold this way, and I am hot this way,
and well here is how said it

ja jsem translates to I am

teplo- means hot

so you would think you would say ja jsem teplo, right??????

Yeah......No.

when you say ja jsem teplo- you are saying that you are homosexual- so I meant to say I was hot, and that is not at all what I ended up saying.

It turns out you say I am hot- Ja mi teplo.

Oh the joys of learning new languages.

And I think I finally have a nickname. Yes indeed. So here peoples names change all the time- the endings so Katka may be Katchco, or Katchka or several other things its just what they do here, so we were talking about that last night and they asked me if I had any nick names and I was like no, not really. So they started playing around with my name and out came
Tahi ( Tah he). Anyways i like it a lot- and I'm running with it- so one day i'll be married and my husband will call me this for short on occasion and I will think back on the good ole days when I was young and spent a year in the Czech Republic.


Oh god and then in English class I look like a big idiot because the teacher always asks me questions that I don't know the answer to.

Like do you know what Gerunds are? because I sure didn't. So it's rather pathetic because I'm learning things about my own language. But it's not my fault they don't teach us these things, we just speak the language and write in it- I don't know all the nitty gritty details.

Alright.
Oh wait. And for some reason I had the song stuck in my head yesterday,
"What the world needs now is love sweet love, it's the only thing that there's just too little of"
and I have no idea why- because I haven't heard it in ages.

But I also realized how stupid I think that song is, there isn't too little love in this world, it's simply the fact that everyone is looking for it in the wrong places-- because it's out there- you just have to know where to look for it. If anything there is too much love- and not enough people taking advantage of it. Love is a feeling- it's the people that have to drive it.

So get out there and make something of your day,
of your life-
because the day isn't getting any shorter
and your life isn't getting any longer.
So find something worth dying for- and the live for it,
better yet find people worth dying for- and then live for them.
Get to it- make "some day" today.

Tahi

1 comment:

Miss Halfway said...

genious.
i'm glad you know so much about so much.
i can read this sort of thing and it's like you're still helping me with my life, and you don't even mean to.
not that i miss you just because you help me with my life, though i'm fairly lost without you.
i miss you in general. life is missing a good friend.