Friday, September 28, 2007

The things I love these days

First read my blog below this if you haven't already.

Now this will be a very random blog of all the things I seem to love these days.

I love Swedish tea, although I find myself drinking Orange Jaipur tea almost everyday.

I prefer to drink my apple juice out of glass bottles,

and fried cheese never grows old ( well I'm sure it grows old, but by this I meant I never get sick of it, ofcourse)

Czech MUSIC--- AHHHHHHH--- SO GOOD

Aneta Langerova- Voda Ziva-
utube it---it's good
I even understand what it's saying because I translated it- with help ofcourse

OH and something really cool
look up the Composer Smetana---- and the composition Vltava,
which is a river that runs through the Czech Republic, a river I could be standing in front of in 3 minutes, if I chose to walk away from this computer right now.

Okay and you have to look up Lucie Bila and her song Laska je Laska ( love is love) because, NOTE to yourself that my HOST MOM showed me this video on utube, and well---it was just a rather strange thing for a mom to show you, but she thought it was funny- so I guess she wanted to share it with me.

Oh and a Czech movie to check out Kolja
It got an Oscar- if that means anything to you
and I watched it last night- in Czech, with no English subtitles ( as it didn't have any)
so my host dad explained the important parts, and I kind of just figured out the rest.

Also I love the fact that the other day I was walking through school, and all of a sudden this Nun passes me in the hallway. It just made me smile. Because really what are the chances of seeing a Nun in the hallways at school at home?

I also am tripped up on the fact that I'm paying only $5.50 to go on a field trip to Germany, that's cheaper than going to a movie for goodness sakes.

And I love how there are changes I can already see in myself, and then changes that I'll be oblivious to until I return home.

And I love the people here- the laid back- at your own pace- kind of life
I don't constantly feel like I'm being observed under a microscope here- which is often an ever present feeling at home.

I am a MASS transit kind of girl--- I love taking the autobus, and walking. It's New York- gone European haha.

And I love the endless amounts of possibility that show up
like in January there is a ski/ snowboarding trip to Italy
and although I'm not much of a skier or a snowboarder- I'll become one if it means going to Italy.
Anyways we will see- I still don't know how much it costs- which is sort of an important factor.

There are also all these free language classes you can take after school, French, Italian, Chinese, Slovak, Russian, and countless others. So since I decided not to take French class- as I do believe in would interfere with my Czech ( which it already has)

because in french "je" is like Juh
it czech "je" is ya
so you can understand the habit I've had to break
but I might try out these free lessons and see.

I still need to look into dance lessons, this week was crazy and I didn't have time.
I'm waiting for my one friend to get back to me about belly dancing,
but then I also want to take a traditional Czech dance class- but I need to find a male partner-
yeah I don't know how exactly how I'm supposed to do that.
I'm sure I'll figure it out- somehow.

And I love how my month mark is nearing
and I feel very settled.

Alright
go make a list of the things you love about your life right now
and if when going to do so, you realize there arn't very many things you love
well, only YOU can change that.
So make the choice- to have a sufficient life- or one that you love

LIFE is meant to be Copacetic. so let it be.

Tahi

No comments: