Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Copacetic

I don't know what's become of my life.

Wait. no. That's a lie.

I know exactly what's become of it- but for the most part it is all beyond my comprehension.

Yesterday we went on a field trip to Germany.
This is what happened- I realized that I hadn't brought my passport, because I guess it hadn't registered that Oh I don't know, WE WERE GOING OUT OF THE COUNTRY- AND I'M A FOREIGNER.

So the head lady at school was like well you can risk it and go with us- but if they stop us at the border and won't let you through we will have to leave you at the border and pick you back up when we leave.
She ended mind you by saying "I'd risk it"

And her was my train of thought---Either I'd have a story about spending the day in Germany, or I'd have a story about spending the day on the German border, either way it was worth it to me- so I went- to Germany PASSPORT- LESS

and got in, and enjoyed my day in Zweisel, Germany very much.

Okay now get this-
Saturday I'm taking the train with friends to go to Prague to go shopping.
Yep, no more Pioneer Square, Clackamas, Washington Square, nope, these days I go to Prague to do my shopping. WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN? WHEN DID THIS BECOME MY LIFE?

Because often here, I sit back- and am like WOAH- so this is my life.

Oh and next Thursday night I'm going to Austria- I'm not quite sure why- I just know I'm going.

Oh and I am taking these free Czech lessons three days a week
on top of the two hours provided by the school
so that is EIGHT HOURS of learning Czech each week
on top of the fact that I'm contstantly hearing the language everywhere I go, at school, at home, with friends, on my ipod, on television.
SO I guess you could call me a Czech addict, but if I want to be fluent by the end of this---it sure isn't going to happen without work.

okay I'm exhausted, and there are pictures of the field trip I'd like to put on here- but I can't because they have me in them, and if you're not in the Czech you don't see the pictures. You'll just have to wait for awhile. Or I guess a long while. I suppose it depends on how you want to look at it.

Get out there and live my friends,
because otherwise you're just wasting perfectly good time.

No comments: