Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Realizations. Trains. Hostels. Concerts. Plays.

Today I realized something about Damien Rice.
He is an all purpose artist.
Let me explain.
Damien Rice music fits, I've found, in several different locations.
It can be listened to when sad, when angry, and when you are extremely happy
it can be pouring down rain, the sun can be shining, or you can be in bed with covers pulled tight.
His music will resonate through your ears in New York, you'll catch yourself singing along while in your car in Washington, and you can be standing in the Czech Republic under an umbrella in the pouring rain and the sound of his voice fits too.
It can awaken the soul, but it is also capable of pulling you into deep sleep.
It can bring back old memories- remind you of life in the moment- or cause you to think of what the future may bring.
His music is timeless. the words he utters, the emotion that seeths from him- is not something that will grow old and fade away. He sings of things that have always existed; things that will always exist.
What he as an artist is able to feed us, as his audience fulfills the soul and the different compartments it consists of- he attacks the whole soul instead of only just a part of it, and I believe that is what sets him apart.
And in realizing this, I was satsified with the knowledge that I had seen him live in concert- that I had experienced the soul consuming experience that Damien Rice has to offer.

So i decided that when I write my book- it will encompass the souls of the readers, consume their souls, and like Damien Rice, not just a part of it, but the soul in its entirety. Because it is through encompassing the soul that you are able to make a true impact. And so that is what I will do, and you better brace yourself for one hell of a book.

Today was a productive day, I sat plans in motion, plans that I am awfully excited about.
We have a four day weekend this week, because I don't know, we just have a holiday.
So Thursday morning at 6:54 a.m. I will be on a train to Prague along with two other girls, I will spend the day shopping for the "Keep Tahani Warm Foundation" and then I will head back to our hostel, change into a "going out" outfit, and head out for a night in Prague. My one friend is going with her family and they are staying with family friends- and the daughter knows all the good places to go, so we are meeting up with them. That way we don't end up at all the touristy places. We will then spend the majority of Friday seeing the sights of Prague and then will head home.

Friday night I am going to a concert with friends, and the boy I sit next to in class in the band, I guess. So we'll meet up and off to Marty's Club we will go.

and then there is still Saturday and Sunday and I'm not sure what I'm doing yet, most of my friends are gone for the holiday.

But then the 22nd I'm going to a Czech play with my friends which I'm rather excited about. It is a Czech comedy about a man that wants to get with all 7 of these sisters, and at the end they all end up pregnant- yeah, it should be interesting- especially since I don't speak the language, but I'm actually really looking forward to it.

Have a good rest of the week
and an amazing weekend
surround yourself with people you enjoy
people you love,
people you don't get to spend enough time with,
you'll be glad you did.

tak...Ahoj

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tak.... Your "EXTRAORDINARY"!!!!!