Monday, October 8, 2007

Entertaining Thoughts...

thinking is something I do a lot of these days,

and since arriving in this country I've pondered whether or not going to University in the United States is what I'm supposed to do.

There is a whole world out there, and why not go here?

or somewhere else?

Charles University in Prague is something I've been looking into.

the small yet minor issue is that although they do offer certain programs in English, they are limited.

Your options as a Czech speaker, are much wider.
But this is the deal, if you will study at the University in Czech, you must take the entrance exams in Czech.

This means that I then have the time that I'm here, as well as the following school year to be entirely fluent in the language. It would be no easy feat, yet it is not impossible.

It looks like a challenge to me. Am I exactly sure it's what I want to do? No

would it hurt to shoot for it? absolutely not.

and in the end, if I decide against it, I'll have added a language to my list.
no harm done.

There are so many options out there, that I had allowed myself to be blind to. And it's as though all at once I saw the big picture- and I'm trying to process and take in what I've seen.

I'm digesting information, searching for more, and looking to find the university that's calling my name.

Before I know it- I'll be in University. I can't wait to find out where life will land me.

Where's your destination?
Do you know?
If not, it's alright, you've got time.
Go where life leads you.

1 comment:

asbrahim said...

man tahani..... i don't think your essay ever got to me. either that, or I was so drunk that I must've done something to the email which made me delete it. either way, send it to me again. so i can butcher your work.... or constructively criticize you.