Sunday, October 14, 2007

senzacni( copacetic in Czech, HOW COOL IS THAT????)

Dnes (Today) ja(I) climbed a mountain, a(and) NE(no) Nejsem (I am not) mluveni(speaking) metaphorically.
ja (I) literally climbed a mountain. It was velky(big) a(and) steep, just ask moje (my) noha(legs)- they'll tell tobe(you), oni(they) felt to(it), OH Ano(yes) they did.

It was an amazing hike- ale(but) as I sit tady(here) right ted(now), I've realized that whether or not my body will be able to emerge from postel(bed) in the rano(morning) is debatable- i might have to roll out of bed onto the floor, and slowly stand nahore(up) from tam(there). I guess ja budu ( I will) find out zitra rano ( tomorrow morning).

Okay enough with the Czech, I'm sure that's annoying to read (cist) haha.

I have to say though i'm awfully proud of my Czech, I text my friends in czech, send them e-mails in czech, I read books in Czech although I don't understand them it helps me with pronounciation which isn't the easiest thing- but according to my host mom my pronounciation is very good- I sound like a czech speaker she tells me, and claims she thinks I have an ear for languages. Now I don't know if she is just trying to give me hope, or if she is serious. But if it's only to give me hope, it works just great.

I went shopping yesterday at the mall, and all I came home with was an avocado, but I couldn't have been happier. There is a grocery store at the mall, incase you were confused. Well you see, I was craving an avocado, and I still had about half of my weekly allowance I've put myself on left- so I bought an avocado. Now this was the biggest avocado I've ever eaten, and also the most expensive.....$1.50 for an AVOCADO!!!! But as long as I only buy one every once in awhile it will be okay, it's not like I buy them everyday, but I think it would be okay if, say, I wanted one once a month, I think I can budget my $1.50 avocado into my allowance just fine.

Last night I laid in bed an requested information from about 12 colleges in the United States...and all that information will be in my room waiting for me when I get home- and I can sift through it and figure out where in the heck I'm going to end up furthering my education.

I will be getting information from:
New York University
Columbia
Fordham
Brown
Dartmouth
University of Washington
Reed
Boston University
Cornell
Yale
Harvard
Georgetown
that's all.

Then I'm also looking into schools in Canada:
University of British Columbia
and possibly Mcgill

and then there is Charles University in Prague- which for some reason I keep reverting back to, but we'll see. It's just an option- like the rest.

You know I always thought of senior year as a stressful year, you're finishing one thing( high school) while at the same time you are preparing for another(college)- but for some reason I do believe I will have it under control. It will only be stressful if I allow it to be- so maybe I'll just put my foot down now, and save myself stress later.

You know, it's kind of funny because I said climbing the mountain wasn't metaphoric, but in a sense it kind of was. I started at the bottom, and kept going and going and going- even when it got really hard- I kept going, until I reached the top. And at the top this feeling of accomplishment washed over me.
I came to the Czech Republic at the bottom of that hill, and as time passes here, as I grow and learn and experience, I am making my way towards the top. At the top lies disovery of myself and what path I will be taking in this life- so the longer I'm here the closer I am to getting there. And I do believe that before I return home- I will have reached the top. I will be in tune with who I am, content in my own skin, confident in my knowledge, my beliefs, my potential- and with a rather good idea of where I want life to take me.

So I may have literally climbed a mountain today- reached the top,
but I'm still climbing my metaphoric mountain- and I've got plenty of time before I reach the top- but I'll keep climbing...because it's worth it.
So ask yourself, " What will you climb a mountain for?"
Place that goal, ambition you have at the top your mountain- and start climbing, because when you get to the top...well.....you'll see.

Cau

1 comment:

The Lisa said...

T!!!! WOW!!! I am in awe! Your AMAZING! You are inspiring us all! I am so glad to hear you are having such a great time. I don't have time to read all your posts as of yet....but look forward to them! Keep your spirits high and you will soar in the sky! =-)